Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Work in Progress Image 7---last section of the Wall Shelf


WHEW! I finally finished this section of the wall shelf. That red and gold espresso cup and saucer proved to be easily the most difficult still life subject I've ever tackled. There were several moments when I thought about removing it from the setup, and replacing it with something else. What a challenge! Not only was the color and glimmer of the gold tough, but getting the geometry right was extremely difficult. However, now I'm glad I climbed the mountain, and I can just enjoy the view!

Below is the painting as it stands thus far. I still need to paint the whole frame of the shelf, which is actually a beat-up old window frame. I'm sorry it's not a great photo; I'll get a better one when the painting is finished.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie,

It's coming out very well. This is going to be a beautiful painting when you're finished. :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Anita Davies said...

Looking absolutely fantastic Jamie, I can hardly wait for you to finish!!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

This looks great! You are a patient, PATIENT person!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home