Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Three on a Swing



Three on a Swing

6 x 6", Oils on sealed, primed hardboard
$100 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)
Many thanks to bird breeder Linda Brandt for the reference image of three of her baby birds on a swing! We lovebird owners know how they adore their swings, so I was tickled to see this image of three climbing on board together. I haven't painted any birds for awhile, so I'm due. This one was great fun.

My palette for this painting:
Cadmium yellow lemon
Quinacridone Rose (Permanent Rose)
Ultramarine Blue Deep
Burnt Sienna
Titanium White

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet...love lovebirds. My that's happy.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet....my that's happy. Love the lovebirds.

9:40 AM  
Blogger kaycrain said...

Jamie,
So cute...love the colors. You really captured the 'feel' of downy baby birds.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Lori McNamara said...

ooooo Jamie! They look so soft and cuddly, great job!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Eileen Hale said...

I love this! I can just feel their little toes, and the way they move their heads, climb with their beaks... I love the colors, and the soft feel. Cuddly, as Lori says. Thanks!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home