Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tracks in the Snow at Sunrise oil painting 6x6


Tracks in the Snow at Sunrise
6 x 6", Oils on sealed, primed hardboard
$100 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)
I looked out the window this morning and there was a beautiful sunrise of subdued violets and yellows over the lake. I wasn't yet set up to paint, and knew that what I was seeing would vanish long before I had a chance to lay out palette and get my brushes. Rather than skip painting a sunrise, I went through photos I'd taken of the view in previous winters. I came across one I'd been meaning to paint for a long time, and spent the morning having a wonderful time doing this painting.

Tomorrow morning, I'll have to make sure I'm set up earlier to catch it in the moment!

Here's an update of my show calendar so far for 2007:
March 10-about April 8---Hudson River Show at Freshman Fine Arts, 4 South Chestnut St, Beacon
May 12-June 4---Lower Hudson Valley Plein Air Painters show at Bannerman Island Gallery, Main St, Beacon
June 15-July 1---White Silo Winery (four-artist show)
September---Two-person show with Suhua Wood at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation
October---Artists on Location, Garrison
November---Two-person show with Walter Mosley at Bannerman Island Gallery
December---Solo show at North Salem Library

Of course you can always see a rotating selection of my work in all styles and subjects at The Paint Box in Bedford Hills.

There's a link on the right to my blog for my shows, openings and other events. Stay tuned there for more news. I'll add specifics as the dates get closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home