Sunday, February 25, 2007

Yelllow Mums in February 12x12" oil painting

Click to enlarge:



Yellow Crysanthemums in February
12 x 12", Oils on Canvas covered hardboard
$295 unframed via PayPal, free shipping within US (email me for international rates)
Today I had a great time painting with palette knives for the first time in a long time. I must have been color starved after being away from painting much of this week! This was so much fun that I think I'd like to get back to doing some more knife paintings----perhaps one a week as a change of pace. This is larger than many of my "daily paintings" at 12x12". The paint is extremely thick and the work is very textural, which is hard to see in a digital rendition. I used a fairly large palette of colors, compared to my usual limited palette choice:
Cadmium yellow lemon
Cadmium yellow pale
Napthol Red
Burnt Sienna
Ultramarine Blue
Cobalt Blue
Cerulean Blue
Titanium White

Tomorrow I'll finish up a painting I started while my neice was here. I'm looking forward to getting back into the daily painting swing of things again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy Barr said...

Way fun! Keep the palette knife hopping!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Jan Blencowe said...

Jamie....I LOVE THIS!!!! More palette knife paintings please

Jan

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home